Configuring a wireless router is a very simple and easy process. Nowadays, almost all wireless routers are supported by an easy web based interface which allows a user to configure the wireless router in a few seconds. The Router’s web based interface is basically a router setup wizard through which you can manage all the wireless network settings. You don’t need to insert any installation disk or download software. Simply log into the router and set it up. In this article, you will get to know how to configure router. Follow this tutorial till the end in order to avoid missing any information.
In this section, we will explain you how to configure router in a simple and easy way. Make sure you follow the instructions in order to avoid any issue.
- Take the wireless router out of the box and tilt the antennas at the right position.
- Connect the wireless router to the computer that you are going to use. You need to connect the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your router also with the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Now attach the power adapter to the router and plug it into the power outlet.
- Go to your computer and open a web browser of your choice.
- Look for the address bar at the top of the browser and type the default gateway address into it.
- The web browser will take you to the wireless router login page where you need to enter the login credentials of the wireless router. Make sure you enter the appropriate login credentials of the wireless router.
- After you enter the wireless router credentials into the login fields and click Submit.
- You will be directed to the wireless router setup page from where you can manage all the network settings of the wireless router and even set it up.
- Navigate to the Quick Setup Wizard and check the type of Internet connection.
- After configuring the Internet connection, go to the wireless router settings and set up the wireless security settings on your wireless router.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to configure the wireless router and set it up.
After you complete configuring the wireless router, make sure you save the settings. Saving the settings allow the router to make the changes take effect on it. If you don’t save the settings, your wireless router will not be able to make changes.
Now that you have configured the wireless router, we hope you got to know how to configure router. We have mentioned some of the basic steps to explain you how to configure router. If you face any issue, try to reset the device and reconfigure the settings on your wireless router. This will surely resolve the issue that you are facing. In case you face any difficulty again and again, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to serve you.